You were wild once. Don’t let them tame you.
BFS runs Woodland Adventure holiday days throughout the year; each session will take children on a different adventure – from survival skills and bushcraft to imaginary worlds inhabited by mythical creatures…
Each day is unique, featuring a new ‘theme’, but flexible scheduling allows us to tailor sessions to the children’s preferences. In these relaxing sessions children will have lots of social and play opportunity to explore amongst the fresh air and trees. Children can expect to build dens, use traditional tools, hunt for wild creatures, forage for fireside snacks, learn about nature and test their bravery in daring woodland games…
Our leaders are fully qualified Forest School practitioners who know our woods inside out and take their adventuring very seriously…
Coming up next…
Weds 27 & Thurs 28 Oct 10.30 – 3.30pm:
A two day green woodwork special with the help of our friends at Bristol Tree Project!
This is a chance for children to focus on developing their curiosity and skills in whittling and green woodwork. Children aged 9+ will craft an item to take home with the help of expert tuition from Hugh and Ben. Younger children can whittle away their wildest dreams with wands, whistles and wherever their imagination takes them!
While these session will involve some focus and taught skills we will, as always, create a nurturing, playful and creative environment with plenty of time to relax and soak up the glory of autumn.
Cost for children aged 9-13 years: £90 for both days; children aged 5-8 years: £57 for both days.
Friday 29 October 10.30 – 3.30pm:
Halloween/Samhain with Woodland Adventure
Come and join one of our seasonal forest school adventure days this half term; we’ll be exploring the festival of Samhain and Halloween to inspire play, learning and exploring in the woods. Light fires, build dens, play games and tell stories under the autumn trees.
Cost for children age 5-12 years: £31
To book: please visit BristolWoodlandAdventure.com
As part of our Covid risk assessment we will ensure:
- Groups will consist of no more than 15 children (more likely 10-12) and two adults. Sessions can only be booked in a block, so that the group will consist of consistent members only.
- Activities and activity spaces will be planned to accommodate social distancing 1m+ BUT parents should be aware that children may still come into close contact when playing.
- The group will have access to hand-washing stations and hand-sanitiser. We will all wash/sanitise hands regularly throughout the day including at drop-off/collection and before and after each activity, toileting and snacks.
- Our toilets are well ventilated and will be cleaned using disinfectant at least twice per day.
- Government information for parents can be found at https://bit.ly/CovidGuidanceforParents